Who Doesn't Want A Hot Air Balloon Ride?

Who Doesn't Want A Hot Air Balloon Ride?
It's one in a lifetime. Why not you?

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

92-year-old wins hot-air balloon ride


At age 92, Ethel Sundell of Reno has lived through several wars, 17 U.S. presidents and still works out at the gym.

She went on her first hot-air balloon ride Friday during the 28th annual Great Reno Balloon Race. She entered a drawing at Curves and won a free ride in the fitness center-sponsored balloon.

Sundell contacted her 58-year-old son, Charles Sundell of Reno, last week when finding out she won.

"She called me and said, 'What do you think?' I said, 'Go for it,'" Charles Sundell said.

Ethel Sundell said she enjoyed the balloon ride and would take another one if given the opportunity.

"The ride was fantastic," Sundell said. "I can't describe it. It was so wonderful."

Toward the end of the ride, Sundell said the warm temperature made her feel a bit queasy.

"I sat down in the balloon, and they had to help me up and I recovered right away," she said. "I'm fine."

Sundell moved to the area 10 years ago from Odebolt, Iowa, to be near her son. She's a retired schoolteacher and has two children, five grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.

Source

No comments: