Who Doesn't Want A Hot Air Balloon Ride?

Who Doesn't Want A Hot Air Balloon Ride?
It's one in a lifetime. Why not you?

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Balloon story continues


You may remember a blog post here from a few weeks back when a hot air balloon was spotted a couple days in a row over Clear Lake.

The long story short, goes something like this:

• Guy rides balloon over Clear Lake.
• Jeremiah Miller sends me a photo (Jeremiah's in Afghanistan, by the way) of the balloon. Jeremiah received the photo from his step dad in Waseca.
• I ask readers if they know who was piloting the balloon.
• Turns out the balloonist is Russ Lucas of Claremont. I actually knew him because I used to work with his wife, but I didn't know Russ flew his balloon in our area.
• Russ, so impressed with how far the photo has gone, offers Jeremiah a ride when Jeremiah returns from overseas.
• Jeremiah suggests his mom and step dad take the ride instead.
• Russ gives Jeremiah's mom and step dad a ride in the balloon.
• This morning, I received the following e-mail from Jeremiah:

James,
Thanks for getting us in contact with Russ! He generously offered to give my Mom and Step Dad a ride yesterday! It had been a life long dream of my Mom's, she was so excited to go. They said it was amazing. Russ also offered to give me and my wife a ride when I get home. Pretty cool what one photo can do! Thanks again!

Jeremiah

Source

No comments: